This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services, and instances where we collect your personal data.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of Nanika Services.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website.
Nanika Services is a data controller of your personal data. Personal information that we’ll process in connection with all of our services, if relevant, includes:
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, company name, contact details and contact details history
- Records of your contact with us via the Contact page on this website or via e-mail
- The usage of our services
We’d like to point out that we’ll only collect personal information that you have provided in direct contact with us. Upon request, we’ll deliver our high-quality linguistic services under confidentiality agreement.
We use your personal data listed above for the following purposes:
- Assessing an application for a service, including considering whether or not to offer you the service, the price, availability of payment method and the terms
- Managing any aspect of the service we provide to you
- For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting
- To keep records of our communications with you
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
- Where it is needed to provide you with our services, such as:
a) Assessing a request for a service
b) Managing services or an application for one
c) All stages and activities relevant to managing the service including enquiry, application, administration and management of accounts
2. Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
a) Managing your services, contact you about your account and any outstanding payments
b) For management and audit of our business operations including accounting
c) To keep records of our communications with you
We do not process special categories of personal data.
We may however share information with governmental and regulatory bodies, for instance if required for accounting purposes.
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us.
We’re based in the Netherlands. Your personal information is not transferred outside the European Economic Area.
If your personal information changes, please tell us so that we can update our records. We’ll then update your records if we can.
We’re unable to provide you with our services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
We do not do any monitoring involving processing of your personal information. (Here, monitoring means listening to, recording of, viewing of, intercepting of, or taking and keeping records (as the case may be) of calls, email, text messages, social media messages, in person (face to face) meetings and other communications.
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide services to you; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Dutch DPA which enforces data protection laws: https://www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en. You can contact us using the details below.
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us by going to the Contact Us page of our website to exercise these rights.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights, you can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website.